Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Catch up....warning - long blog ahead - better grab a cuppa before continuing ahead...

Life keeps escaping me and I have been so slack with keeping up with blogging...so this will kind of be a bit of this and a bit of that....
I am unable to make the Melbourne trip with the girls this time round, since my son-in-laws accident things have been a little hectic and hence I gave my spot to Norreen (One of our Tuesday Girls).
I am so excited for them all, I hope they have a great time and come back safely with lots of goodies they may have purchased and stories to tell the rest of us.
As thanks for this, Norreen gave me this beautiful bunch of flowers...the colours are devine and they brighten up the room beautifully.  Thank you Norreen.  By the way - the son-in-law is recovering slowly even though he now has Pneumonia and his lung has collapsed once again...but his liver and wrists are healing very slowly but they are healing.























Now I have found some time here and there to do a little craft...First of all, as I have mentioned before, I am in a - 12 Months of Christmas - sew a long (cant really call it that now as this month it was scrapbooking or should I say card making)..I was at a loss at first, I don't do a lot of scapping and sat there looking at my bits and pieces for ages.  I almost gave up - it was just terrible trying to get my brain to think of creative ideas from what I had...I think I need some classes to learn more techniques and to be inspired by others...Anyway once I got going I ended up with seven cards..



















One of The Tuesday Girls has recently come back from a holiday overseas..although we missed her dearly while she was away, we are glad she had a wonderful time..and she did bring us home some pressies...
I have a lovely doily, tissues and a thimble...my first thimble actually.  Thimbles are something I have looked up on the internet before but never got round to buying any...this could be the start of a new hobby.. We are glad to have you back Laurel and thank you for my gifts.



















This week hubby and myself, with the assistance of our grandson, harvested our first crop of carrots.
We were so excited, I took them straight inside and prepared them for dinner.  Our grandson thought they were pretty cool too and helped put them in the bowl..
























Poppy and Hudson chatting about carrots....and yes they were yummy..why they were the best damn carrots I have ever tasted, but I could be a little bias..



















Back to sewing...
I have always wanted to pretty up our wood fire heater...I usually put things on top when it is not in use and have wanted to make a top for it...I am not sure you can call it a table topper or a skirt (like Christmas tree skirt).  One of the Tuesday Girls suggested I call it a Flue-zy which does seem like a great name for it - thanks Helen..
The back of the Flue-zy is done up like a Christmas tree skirt...I should have taken a photo of it for you all but I think I have enough photos already for todays blog.  I used a charm pack that Teresa had brought back from her blogging retreat in Adelaide that she had gone to earlier this year.   Thanks Teresa for the charm pack, it has worked a treat. Sorry the photo is a little dark as I was trying to take this photo at night..


















I bought my very first candy pack from the Glenrose retreat earlier this month and have been toying with what to do with it...Then Teresa told me about the little book - Moda Candy Oh Sew Sweet project book.  I chose the design that I liked, used the candy pack - Double Chocolate and ta da....
Pretty neat and I even had one little square left over so I made a teeny tiny cushion with it...
I loved doing this LITTLE project and using the candy pack so much that I would definitely do it again...



















Now for the last thing to blog about... The Tuesday Girls met at the Lovely Laurels place today and as usual she outdid herself with entertaining us with some home baking...lovely light scones with home made strawberry jam and cream from local cows mixed with vanilla bean.. and then there was dessert...lol   Chocolate cake with cream and cherries...OMG...sooo scrummy...can I move in...


















We had show and tell today too...Laurel has been working on a Christmas flannel quilt....well done Laurel...was this one on your To Do List????  Very Pretty - it will look fab when it is finished.

 
And here is another Christmas Quilt done by the very clever, Helen.   She didn't want to be in the photo and kept hiding behind her quilt...patience is a virtue...we see you Helen...

 
Here is another photo of the quilt...sorry the photo is not of good quality - I blame it on the sugar overload...























Well that's it...sorry it was such a long blog, I nearly put myself to sleep so hopefully you were able to make it to the end...I will try to NOT let my blogging build up next time...catchya later....xx



4 comments:

  1. Great to hear what has been happening. Little Hudson is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your SIL is getting better Sandi,what a shame we wont get to meet,but i am sure there will be another time.Love your heater skirt,its a great idea and little Hudson sure is a cutie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Sandy. Great photos. Hope your SIL continues to improve. hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any progress is good news for your SIL. Had a wonderful time in Melbourne - you'll hear all about it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete