Thursday, 6 June 2013

Some finished blocks and projects....

I have been stitching some more of the - A Christmas Story - project that I have been slowly working on....
Block 5..























Block 6...



















Block 7...
 

















Block 8...



















Block 9...
























And now for some finished projects....the first one is a doll I had planned on making before Christmas - yes you are right it did end up on my TO DO LIST, and yes I can now take if off.
She is called - Heavenly Shabby...























 I couldn't find a suitable button (amongst thousands) for her collar and found this sitting on my shelf..not your usual type of button but I think it works...


















Now without thinking, which happens quite regularly, I ended up with a doll to finish that was not on my TO DO LIST...You see one of the Tuesday Girls, Norreen, very sneakily passed it on to me and before I knew what was happening I started to work on it. You see most people wouldn't think twice about being passed a project but then when you think about it - Norreen passed me something from her TO DO LIST which meant it had to be added to my list....verrryyy sneakkyy indeed.
Don't get me wrong - I loved making her and  am very greatful that she thought of me but it just goes to show how easy it is for ones list to get bigger and bigger...
Her name is Bridie-Louise...I did change her hair but I don't think anyone gets surprised these days when I alter a pattern...after all, as Johnny Depp said "they are just guidelines"....










































Well that's it for the sewing pics, now for the cooking pics...
On the weekend I actually got into the kitchen to do some baking - shock - horror - I know but it does happen now and then.
We have been harvesting some pumpkins from the back yard so what does one make with pumpkins - Pumpkin Scones of course...























Perfect for tea for two...Hubby and I thought we would take a moment or two to ourselves.  As you can see in the photo there is a jar of Lemon Butter.  My eldest son decided when you have a glut of lemons then you need to make Lemon Butter...I didn't even know he knew how to do that...yum...
If I could purr I would...


















I also made this fruit cake - it is one of my hubbys favourites and it is low GI so we can eat it without guilt.. It is from one of the Symply To Good To Be True books.


















It also taste great heated with custard (low fat of course)..lol
Well that's it for now. Catchya all later...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi, your dolls are so very pretty, and sneaky Norreen had better not ask for her girl back now that you have finished her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of beautiful goodies there Sandi - love pumpkin scones. Your new new girls are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all your blocks and your sweet Shabby Miss. Lots of yummies too. My mouth was watering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't we get pumpkin scones ? Hmmmmmm

    Dolls look great Sandi, I knew you would get them done quickly..... well done.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy look at all those lovely treats and your doll is very cute and love those blocks this is one quilt that i hope to do too,well done Sandi.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi,
    I love those cute blocks you've been making and I'm pretty in love with the cloth dolls too.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete