Sunday, 21 April 2013

A Busy Weekend

Well here I sit, tired as usually, reminissing over the weekend...longing for a nana nap...
My three boys went to the Supernova on Saturday down at the Gold Coast...
From left to right - Keelan, Jaxon, someone I don't know, and James...
James dresses up every year in some aname character, please don't ask me who but I think he is someone from the Vampire Night series...

















This is his costume before he left home....I even had to die his hair black for the day...
I don't know where he gets his compulsiveness from - if only he was interested in fabric....lol

 


 
While the boys were at Supernova, we - Wayne, Amelia, Hudson and myself paid a visit to Meg (Wayne's mother and Hudson's great nana)..
 

















Hudson enjoyed running around his great nana's unit, although I tried not to freak out when he went near the railings....we were very high and I don't go near the windows or balcony myself, so you can imagine how I felt during our visit...I did stay calm on the outsided and I had Wayne there to help with Hudson..
While there, Meg gave me this beautiful woollen rug. It was spun on an old spinning wheel by Alvah (Megs Brother) and hand dyed by his wife Yvonne and then woven by Alvah on a frame he had made under his house.  It was hard to get a good photo of it so I hope you can see it. It has a lovely soft feel to it and is very heavy. I don't want the kids to use it so I will put it on display somewhere, just not sure where yet...

















Hudson had a sleep over Saturday night so we decided to introduce him to pumpkin scones for morning tea.....he loved sitting outside while we ate.


















Now I did get some sewing done last week, remember I said I was too lazy last blog to take any photos of my projects...
I finally took those photos..
The first one is a new dolly dress for my doll...I know  - most people make a new doll but I have this one I like to play dress-up with...This is her third dress that I have made for her (mind you - she still had her christmas dress on before this one).























A new 12inch mini quilt for my stand - the only other one I had was a christmas one so I did need something else to put there.

















And last but not least...two little tiny quilts to show off some pretty buttons...
They are about 5cm squared....  I had fun making these and it was a good way to use up the little hangers I found in my stash of bits n pieces - and it was also a great way to show off some buttons.
I think I will make more of these - they look great on my wall unit..

















That's it for me, time for that nana nap....hope everyone is having a good weekend...I am hoping to sleep what's left of my weekend....cya

1 comment:

  1. lovely post Sandi,boy you have had a busy couple of days.xx

    ReplyDelete