Thursday, 14 March 2013

A Bit Of This and A Bit Of That..

I have started looking for small projects that may interest my youngest daughter. She is very active so sitting for too long on one project just doesn't work for her..  Yesterday I made this little blue bird from one of my books, you know the kind - the one that was bought with lots of intentions  to make lots of things from but nothing ever got made, well I can't say that now. I do realise that I have made the smallest thing in the book but a project is a project...


















Here are my first two blocks for  the "Time for Christmas" project being published in the Homespun Magazine this year. The snowman is so cute with his little basket of sausages and his umbrella.


















I have finished this stitchery from my UFO pile but I have no plans for it as of yet...it can go into my stash until I need it.  






















And last but not least, I have been working on this quilt lately with the intentions of finishing it for Easter for my youngest daughter.  To tell the truth - I started this quilt last year with intentions of it being for her birthday, then a christmas present and now its going to be an Easter gift..Oh well, at least its finished.
I don't know how I did it but I didn't have enough of the border fabric and had three sides on before I realised it.  I tried everything but couldn't find anything else that looked as good so I knew I was in trouble.  I took a small piece with me when I met up with The Tuesday Girls and low and behold, Tereasa had a piece.  Thank you so much Tereasa, you saved me...
I am liking this - completing of the UFO projects...I am going to mark it off right now...cya
 



 

 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. It is great when friends can come to the rescue isnt it. The quilt is gorgeous, and great embroideries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely work Sandi,hooray to Tereasa.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitching Sandi. Thank goodness for friends stashs.

    ReplyDelete