Saturday, 26 January 2013

What a week...

First of all, I have been getting my goodies ready for the Friends In Stitching Donation parcels for the fire victims in Tasmania, these donations consist of a sewing bag with some sewing essential items that may just brighten up someone elses day...
This is what I have made and I also have some other items to add to it...needles, sissors, fat quarters...etc






















Secondly, I have received a parcel from Melody for being part of the Summertime Stitch-A-Long, it consists of a variety of woolfelts in beautiful colours..and I cant wait to use them, thank you heaps Melody....I have completed my first block (as you can see from my previous post) in cotton and will continue using cotton throughout the quilt...So now I can hear you asking..what is she going to do with the woolfelt?? Well as seeing I wont need it for the Stitch-A-Long, I plan on choosing one of the blocks from Summertime to use as a Mini 12" quilt (because the only one I do have is a christmas one) and I want to use these beautiful pieces for it.  They are going to be perfect for this...

















Now what else have I done this week....lots of none sewing things....
My husband and the kids helped move my mother from Brisbane to Hervey Bay (4 hours drive for those who don't know - one way)..It was exhausting, so hot and muggy, we have all felt very worn out since then...not as young as I use to be..takes longer to recover from something like this...
I have also been doing a little secret sewing...more about that later. 
I have finish collecting my daughters year 8 uniforms and school books, why can't they all be at the same place...I had to go to three different stores for the books...
I took my son to the dentist, babysat my 11month old grandson 3 days, met with the Tuesday Girls on Tuesday and the Beaudesert Quilter's Group on Wednesday and had 5 doctors appointments, and this was only in the course of one week, so if I say that all I want to do this weekend is sleep, you will understand why....and I think I need some chocolate too....cya all...







4 comments:

  1. hi Sandi i am exhausted reading all that you did,hope next week things slow down for you a bit,have a wonderful aussie day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a busy week. So glad your parcel arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a busy week! I agree, sleep and chocolate is definetly the remedy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sewing things. Such a busy week. Feet up and chocolate, that should do the trick. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete