Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Summertime

I have just finished my first Summertime block for Melody's stitch-a-long....it has been a little different stitching with a black background and plain coloured fabrics but I like how it is turning out..
I am doing mine in cottons, not the wool felt as recommended by the designer, and most of my coloured fabrics are from the range - Shadowplay.  I love shadowplay, their colours are beautiful and I have had a stash of them  in which I have not been able to bring myself to cut into until I found the right project, and they are just perfect for this pattern..Sorry the photo is not showing their full colour, must be because it is not very sunny here yet...

















That's another 'done' for this months TO DO LIST.....I'm on a roll....cya

8 comments:

  1. well done Sandi it looks fantastic.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Summertime block looks beautiful, great to see it done in cotton, the colours are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fabulous. You star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Sandi. Love the bright colours. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love that lovely bright block...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Sandi. Love the bright colours on black :)

    ReplyDelete