Friday, 21 December 2012

Holidays...

We have just spent 5 beautiful days down the Gold Coast...we stayed at the Grande Florida at Miami, not the first time we have stayed there...It is great for being about 100 mitres to the beach, 5 minutes to our favourite fish 'n' chip shop and 10 minutes to the big shopping centre... I actually think we have come home to recover from our stay...Every day we went to the beach for a walk or in my husbands case a surf or on one occassion a bike ride..yes I can hear you laughing already...me on a bike...my behind is still sore..lol   I was in the pool at 6.30 every morning (had the pool to myself at that time of day - it was great).  We did marathon shopping trips ...I bought christmas decorations (plates for my wall unit), soaps and moisturisers from Lush (my favourite shop)  and heaps of clothes...Hubby was wonderful and came into every dress shop with me..he is either very patient or smart (he wanted to go to golf on one of the days)....no he is just wonderful...
The kids had a ball too..they loved the shopping and the pools, and the beach....
Here you can see the pool that was closest to our unit..if you use your imagination you can see me
floating in the water....Sorry I didn't get a photo of the rock waterfall feature or the other pool , maybe you can imagine that too...



This is an example of afternoon tea...and yes I do need to go on a diet now...
 

















We were lucky enough to have our eldest daughter and grandson come for a night..(son-in-law had to work)... I think we wore him out..he loved the pool and the beach - I don't think he liked the shopping though - must be a male thing..

















Hudson feeling the sand between his toes..


Hubby loved being on holidays...not a care in the world...or maybe he still is hoping to get to golf..lol

We took the some of the kids to putt putt...they had a ball and hubby got to practice for his golf day.
Hubby won of course, must be all that real golf he plays....
Here is my new 'PINK' bike...I think I need to make a personalised seat cover for it...I could be the only rider with a quilted covered seat...lol  not to mention I think I could use the extra cushioning..
Well thats it for our holidays..I could go on forever but I think I have bored you all enough for now..It has been great getting away - I feel like I have rebooted and am ready for the new year..
I hope everyone is having a great christmas in whatever you decide to do....bye for now.
PS: Hubby did get his game of golf in......
  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sandi what a wonderful place to have holidays,love that pink bike,merry xmas.xx

    ReplyDelete