Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Beaudesert Quilter's Christmas Party

 
Boy have I been a busy girl....The Beaudesert Quilter's had our christmas party today...yes.. another party I hear you say...I am quite the social butterfly at the moment...
This is the lovely quilt that hangs in our room...I have always loved it and today took the opportunity to photograph it..The mountains in the back are replicas of the ones we see in our area - the scenic rim.

Everyone contributed to our christmas lunch and like always it was delicious and in abundance..
The challenge for the day was to decorate an apron and here is what the girls came up with.
Trish's apron had this little teddy (on the left) in it and I just fell in love with it...needless to say that that was the apron I voted for...He was sooo cute...I did everything in my power to stop myself from stealing him...I'm sure he would have loved to have come home with me..He looked like he had a thousand tales to tell..
Gwen and I couldn't stop laughing...talk about the naughty leading the naughty...


















 We had show and tell and the lovely Dee brought in her chenile quilt that she has made for her
grandson...it is so cute...


















Some of the ladies showed off their aprons from years gone by..this is Annie showing us her apron that her daughter had made for her in school some 30 years ago...























Now we had raffle today and Annie was the lucky winner...it was one of those bags you put your machine and supplies into and wheel it around...anyhow second prize went off, then third..
Third prize was won by Mary Rose and she decided that her prize should be such said bag that Annie had won...what a laugh....it caught everyone off guard...she is so cheeky...


















Anyway to end the day we had a gift from the jolly red man himself...this is what I received..a colour and tone guide, a block viewer, black thread and two chocies..

















Ok thats it for me today, I need more sleep and probably stomach stapling wouldn't go astray..lol
Merry Christmas all...
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day Sandi. They are a great lot of ladies. Am looking forward to the March camp as I missed the August one last year. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are having lots of fun with your friends Sandi.xx

    ReplyDelete