Saturday, 8 December 2012

A Day With Some Friends

Today I had a lovely get together with some very special friends of mine...the six of us have been getting together since my son of 22 was 5...
They are the kind of friends that always make you feel special and loved...I usually refer to them as "my shopping friends" because we love to shop together...they are great to take into a clothing store and say "does my butt look big in this?" and you know for sure that they will be totally honest with you...we quite often emerge from the change room with the exact same outfit on (the look on the sales girls face - priceless) and then decide which one of us the outfit suits the most....
I have always felt good about myself after seeing them and hope that I make them feel the same way.
We can chat about anything without predujice or embarassment and with a knowledge that someone cares and supports you...
My wish for christmas is that everyone has someone special, someone they can rely on, who will listen to you and support you and who will love you for who you are...

















From left to right...Neil, Chrissa, Sandi, Wayne, Lynne and Rob...
Neil is one of those males that loves to cook..how lucky are we....this is what he made for us today..
I dont know the name of it but it had cream fresh, berries, finger biscuits, contreau and white chocolate in it...yummmm
 

















The men are trying to decide who was going to get the first slice....

















Anyhow I am feeling quite worn out now...and very full...and contented...would anyone mind if I just purred myself to sleep....



4 comments:

  1. You a very lucky to have such great friends Sandi especially lucky when you can share all lifes ups and downs.

    Lucky Girl

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very lucky to be part of such a fabulous group. Wow the cake is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you got to have special time with them.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Sandi. The cake looks fabulous, bet it tasted even better. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete