Thursday, 15 November 2012

My Little Boy is growing up....

My youngest son, Jaxon, has been celebrating today with his year 12 graduation thismorning and now he is off on his Formal, and I cant help thinking about how fast the years have gone and where have they gone...
Part of me is sad thinking back over the years of all the antics he has gotten up to....the years of homework, school lunches, exams, excursions, friends coming and going, first girlfriends, first break-ups, illnesses, and of course the extra good times of birthdays, hearing him laugh with his siblings, playing games with his father...always trying to be as good as dad...
And then there are the happy thoughts - never having to worry about lunches, exams, homework, the right friends, the right girlfriends. No wonder I am not sure whether I should be cheering or crying.
Jaxon is our forth child to finish school, with our youngest daughter starting high school next year, so hubby and myself have chatted about only having one to go...one to get through school, then we can leave the schooling years behind us and think of maybe having more time to ourselves...for me that means probably more sewing and for hubby more golf...but most of all it will mean more time to have with each other...(I realise of course that with five kids coming and going and one grandson this in itself could be a dream but it does put a smile on my face at the prospects)..
Anyhow I am probably waffling on because I am anxious for Jaxon to get home from his Formal, waiting to find out if he had a good time, if he actually danced with anyone, and most of all knowing he is home safe...
Here is a photo from after the graduation ceremony with his friend Laura...

















And one of him hanging with some of this mates....I have fed these friends on many occassions..lol

















Two of my boys....Hubby and Jaxon....thats the one thing he can do better than dad...he is taller than him and he lets him know all the time...lol

















Jaxon was unable to take his girlfriend of one and half years to the formal (different school) so some of his female friends got together and did a singles carpool...There ended up 3 girls and one boy in the car..please dont ask me what sort of car they got..I have no idea...it was pretty and silver and I do recall the males chatting about the width of the tires but thats about all I can tell you...I didnt inherit the genes that allow one to be interested in cars...and besides I was too busy watching my son and his friends..sorry to any car enthusiests out there..


















Anyhow thats all for tonight..only another 4 hours until he is home and telling us of his amazing night...I know they all have to grow up but that doesnt mean I can't secretly be wishing for them to stay young....

No comments:

Post a Comment