Monday, 22 October 2012

Scrapbooking and a little sewing...

Well I did it again...playing with papers and not fabric...I don't know what is happening to me..I hope its not contagious....as it seems I am not alone...
The Tuesday Girls were a little low in numbers last week so we kinda did a little playing at Helen's House...she was kind enough to show us her gadgets for scrapbooking and an album she had started
many years ago..I think she had completed 3 pages in the album...I think it should be added to her "TO DO LIST"..lol























This is what she said when I made the suggestion for the TO DO LIST....lol
I think this could be a NO...























Helen couldn't stay mad at us for long...she did mellow abit or should I say Marshmellowed...
Helen made these delicious bikkies for us to devour on Tuesday...they are a combination of chocolate wheaten biscuits, Raspberry jam and marshmellows...
Now marshmellows are great on their own but add these other ingredients and they taste heavenly..maybe, just maybe Helen should cook for us every Tuesday..what do you think girls?


















I did get a little sewing done this week...I finished a little cushion by The Birdhouse...
Sorry the photo is darkish...

















And here is what happens when you play with paper...my new advent calender....It is not finished yet,
I want to add more decorations to the middle and also make the tree a darker shade of red.  I won't be
doing this straight away though as I want to wait until I unpack my christmas decorations to see if I can steal something from there that will suit the middle..



















I am going to finish this post off with a photo of my grandson...I was minding him for four days while his parents went away....this is what happens to a suburban kid when left with country loving
grandparents.....













He gets to meet the chooks and gets dressed up in country clothes....actually the overalls he is wearing below are the same ones his mother wore when she was his age...except I use to put a frilly white shirt underneath for her.  These overalls were worn by all my five kids and the teddybear that is heading my blog..I just could never bring myself to get rid of them...






















One of my grandsons favourite things to do is play in the bath...I know I said one photo but I just couldnt decide on which one..this will be the absolute last....catchya all next time...















ok I lied...two more...cya

4 comments:

  1. lol,i love your grandson Sandi he is a real cutie and he looks like he loved his time with you.Love your cushion and i want to join your group,lol,you always have so much fun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you catch me at my worst don't you ? Love the photos of Hudson. We do have fun thats for sure.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post and your little grandson is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous grandson. Great post.....I have been hankering to make an advent calendar box. I just need another pair of hands. Love yours :-)
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete