Wednesday, 23 November 2011

I won, I won, I won

Guess what came in the mail today....can't guess...well ok I will tell you.  A few weeks back I entered a competition on the blog site - http://apassionforapplique.blogspot.com/ To enter the competition you had to choose out of three book covers which one the owner of the blog site had chosen for her applique piece.
Anyhow I won...silly me.....It never even dawned on me when I recieved the email from Carrie saying how she would put it in the mail for me and how hopefully it wont take long to get down under...I just assumed it was from Northern Queensland, Australia....well as I said...silly me...Carrie is from North Carolina, USA.
After bragging to my friends about winning (I can do that cause I have never won anything in blog land before...so I think that gives me the right)....I showed them the site and after telling them I thought it was coming from up north...well yes...they had a good laugh at my expense...but I think I got the last laugh, dont you, because it arrived today and I can't wait to show them...oh wait  - thats right - to late - they are bloggers too..hehehehe... As you can see from the photo there is a lovely piece of fabric with threads and cotton and a punch needle tape measure holder...I think I may be onto something here...I wonder what other competitions there are out there...Anyhow - thanks Carrie for giving me the chance to win something, I love it..

2 comments:

  1. You are very welcome, Glad it made it "down under" It really didn't take to long.
    Congrats on your first blog win.

    ReplyDelete