Sunday, 28 August 2011

Beaudesert Quilters Retreat - Mt Tamborine

I'm Back...had a wonderful weekend away with friends - laughed myself silly most of the time...and now very tired.  Yes I have unpacked my bags and now checking to see what I have missed in blog land.  I didnt get much sewing done while I was away, to busy talking and laughing and eating....but I had a good time anyway.  Our theme for the weekend was Masquerade & Bling, and boy do some people take it to extremes. What a blast..Hopefully I can download some photos to show you all. 
These are my roomies for the weekend - Tereasa (in the pink), Helen (in the white) and my best friend of all - Me (in the black).  lol.  We put our masks on for Saturday nights entertainment - dont we look fabulous.

Here is another photo of fellow retreaters - Raelee, Carol, and Wendy...arnt they just beautiful.
Tereasa finished her "T'is the season" quilt top - It came up so beautiful, I think it would look good hanging at my place....hint hint
Helen worked on a Jellyroll quilt - I can't wait to see it finished,  she insists that she is not a quilter - but I think she has been outed now.

The challenge for the retreat was to make a placemat for the dinner table, incorporating the theme of the weekend.  This was my creation - not very practical because I had a rather large piece of bling right in the middle - I just put my plate to the side or let it wobble.
Anyway its nice to be back - I have already said hello to all my pretties...oh and the hubby and kids...cant forget them.  cya all later.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures that you have shared are really nice. Mt tamborine is really a nice place to visit with family and friends. The place which I personally like the most and also want to visit at mt tamborine is mt tamborine skywalk. Next time I will plan a trip to mt tamborine with my friends and will have lots and lots of fun. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

    ReplyDelete